Web design refers to the design of websites that are displayed on the internet.
A web designer creates the layout and design of a website. In simple terms, Web design is the creation of websites and pages to reflect a company’s brand and information and ensure a user-friendly experience.
Some additional things about web design explained in simple words:
- Web design is the process of designing and creating websites that people can visit on the internet.
- A website’s design includes its layout, colors, fonts, images, and how it functions for users.
- Good web design should make a website easy to use, navigate, and understand for visitors.
- Web design involves both artistic and technical skills, such as graphic design and coding.
- Websites can be designed for various purposes, such as e-commerce, blogging, or providing information
- Mobile responsiveness is a critical aspect of web design, as more people are accessing websites on their mobile devices.
There are Tow type of Web-Design
1. Static Web-design
2. Dynamic Web-design
A static website stores a unique file for every page of a static website. Each time that page is requested, the same content is returned. This content is created once, during the design of the website.
Dynamic websites are generated on the fly and use server-side technology to generate web pages. They typically extract their content from one or more back-end databases:
There are different types of websites on the whole internet, we had chosen some most common categories to give you a brief idea –
- Blogs: These types of websites are managed by an individual or a small group of persons, they can cover any topics — they can give you fashion tips, music tips, travel tips, fitness tips. Nowadays professional blogging has become an external popular way of earning money online.
- E-commerce: These websites are well known as online shops. These websites allow us to make purchasing products and online payments for products and services. Stores can be handled as standalone websites.
- Portfolio: These types of websites acts as an extension of a freelancer resume. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills or services.
- Brochure: These types of websites are mainly used by small businesses, these types of websites act as a digital business card, and used to display contact information, and to advertise services, with just a few pages.
- News and Magazines: These websites needs less explanation, the main purpose of these types of websites is to keep their readers up-to-date from current affairs whereas magazines focus on the entertainment.
- Social Media: We all know about some famous social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and many more. These websites are usually created to let people share their thoughts, images, videos, and other useful components.
- Educational: Educational websites are quite simple to understand as their name itself explains it. These websites are designed to display information via audio or videos or images.
- Portal: These types of websites are used for internal purposes within the school, institute, or any business, These websites often contain a login process allowing students to access their credential information or allows employees to access their emails and alerts.
To become a web designer, you will need to learn a variety of skills and techniques, including:
- HTML: HyperText Markup Language is used to create the structure and content of a website.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets is used to style the layout and design of a website, including colors, fonts, and page layout.
- Graphic design: Knowledge of graphic design principles, including typography, color theory, and layout, is crucial for creating visually appealing websites.
- User experience design: UX design involves creating websites that are easy to use, navigate, and understand for visitors.
- User interface design: UI design involves designing the visual and interactive elements of a website, such as buttons, menus, and forms
- Content management systems: Knowledge of popular content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla can be helpful for creating websites efficiently.
- Web development frameworks: Learning popular web development frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, or Materialize can speed up your design and development process
- Responsive design: As mentioned earlier, responsive design is essential for creating websites that work well on different screen sizes and devices.
What is Responsive Design
Responsive websites can use flexible grid layouts that are based on the percentage each element takes up in its container. Responsive design is content’ images’ icons all things change according to screen large screen to small screen mobile ,desktop and tab all device
the design moving fluidly to fit devices. A mobile-first website is when the mobile website planned and designed in tandem with the desktop site, making proactive changes to the overall design to ensure the mobile experience is just as good as the desktop experience
Responsive web design is essential because more and more people are accessing the internet on mobile devices, and a website that is not mobile-friendly may result in a poor user experience. By creating responsive websites, designers and developers can provide a seamless user experience across all devices, increase engagement and conversions, and improve the website’s search engine ranking.
In summary, responsive web design is a design approach that ensures websites can adapt and adjust their layout and content to different screen sizes and devices, providing an optimal user experience for visitors.